Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hope in the Future

You know, it is important to have hope as a human being. There is something innate in our brains that requires hope for us to be healthy. Hope in the tangible things always ends up a disappointment, so even if religion is contrived it is to our benefit to believe. I am impressed with the hope God gives us in the Christian faith, though I am not aware of hope addressed in other religions. God inspires us to believe in the second coming of the Messiah who will make eternal changes to our lives if we are dead or alive. Lately, I have "pooh-poohed" this belief and paid the price with bitterness and depression. I realize now that God has given me this hope and it is up to me to accept it and believe in order to reap the benefits.

"Remembering without ceasing your...patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father." I Thessalonians 1:3.

No comments: