Saturday, February 24, 2007

Danger of Living with Bitterness

This is serious stuff and can ruin your life and all those around you. This is an excellent article about bitterness:

Deliverance From Bitterness by Francis Frangipane

We all want justice, but when we take the position of judge and become obsessed with getting revenge, we live in unforgiveness.

My favorite quote in the article by Francis is: "...spiritually incarcerated by a bitter experience or an injustice... Even now, His Spirit is reaching to release us from this unbearable burden of the past."

My question is how do we learn to entrust ourselves to God who judges righteously? Learning to trust legitimately, not blindly ignoring problems deep in our minds. How do I release my opinion of how God should deal with those who did the injustice to me? The real question is: when I find out something bad happened to those who offended me, do I feel restitution and believe God did it for me?

The quote I least like is: "We must, therefore, get over the idea that there is a painless place of existence on earth..." I have been looking for this place all my life by moving all over the country and changing jobs, yet never finding the perfect place to live. Reminds me of the Charlie Brown cartoon where he moves, but as he steps off the plane he says, "But, I'm still Charlie Brown."

My natural inclination is to be bitter, so I am asking God to give me His inclination, which is forgiveness.

No comments: